Thursday, April 3, 2008

We are made in Gods image:)

I have a new bible, a gift from my dear husband, a womens devotional, thankyou dearest awww:) Anyways I have decided to read it from front to back, so have started at the very beginning, a very good place to start lol. In Genesis the first book in the bible, see I know that much. Genesis chapter 1, wow what an amazing chapter, how God created the heaven and the earth and everything in it. He also made man and woman and the devotional for this chapter is based on Genesis 1 v 27, "God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female God created them". We know this scripture, but really do we think of it's significance and meaning like really. The devotional begins with setting the scene at Eden, and the woman at the water gazing at her reflection, in wonder at how she looks. Then it goes on to say how image is such an issue in the world today, and how the media looks upon image. Image is so important in the world that we live, we all as the celebrities do, (but not as extreme I hope), seek perfection. We hate the way we look, our height, weight, hair, eyes, face, other body parts. Well get the scripture, how can we complain, when God the original designer, has made us in his image. He is our designer, he made us, as well as the moon, sun, stars, birds, animals, trees, flowers, etc.etc. He made us! How amazing is our God, how awesome are his works, we thank him for his creation, but do we thank him for how he made us?

Other scriptures related to image, Psalm 139v14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful I know that full well." A scripture I learnt at sunday school, we should praise God for our creation, for how we are made. We know and can see in the world around us, his works of wonder, the hand that made all things. We sing the hymn, Oh Lord my God when I in awesome wonder, consider all the works thy hand hath made. How great thou art! Thankyou Lord for making me. me. As I am.

2 Corinthians 3v18, "And we, with unveiled faces, all reflect the lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness, with every increasing glory which comes from the Lord who is the spirit". I read this scripture a few years ago and it blessed me then, I shared with my house group how it blessed me, later I threw away the notes, later again I was sorry to have thrown them away, as I could not remember where in the bible this passage was. So today I thank God once again for using this verse to bless me. To reflect God's glory, a reflection, is a mirror image, an exact resemblance of what is being reflected. This is what got me all exited the first time around reading this passage. If I can reflect God's image, wow! If people can see God in me, a mere glimpse is awesome, but a reflection is just truly mind boggling! We are new creations, we are being transformed into his likeness. We are works in progress, he is the potter as we sing and read, we are the clay, he makes and molds us into his likeness. Thankyou Lord for being the potter in my life. You hold me in the palm of your hand, and mold me amen.

Collossians 1v15, "He is the image of the invisible God, the first born over all creation." He as in Jesus is the image of his father God. We are made in Gods image, how amazing are these facts, how awesome that God would make us and his one and only son, in his image.

I am blessed, and thank the Lord for all his works, his creation, including how he made me. My aim into how to put this word into action, is to not complain about my appearance, my weight, height etc.. God made me me, he is God that knows all things, the beginning and the end, the Godhead 3 in 1, the father of all creation, and he made me. Thankyou Lord! You are truly amazing!:D

No comments: